Friday, February 17, 2012

Family Picture Friday

I LOVE old family pictures. Mine. Yours. Beautiful pics, awkward pics. Any of them. We recently moved away from the Washington DC area. I miss it. One of the best things I got to see there was a collection of snapshots displayed at the National Gallery. Snapshots are what tell the story of a family's life. You may not get hard facts from the photo (sometimes you will, and when that happens - AWESOME) but you get a feeling for the people in them. Even people you've never met.

On Fridays I will be posting family photos. I'm still looking for photos of many of my family members, but when I do get them, I treasure them.

Today I'm posting a picture of my Great Grandmother, Anna Ruby Moore. She went by Ruby. I was 11 when she passed away, but I remember her very well. She always had a box of chocolates and a vase with breadsticks on her counter. She crocheted the most beautiful granny square afghan I'd ever seen in my life. She collected teacups from this little place in Canada where she and Great Grandpa vacationed.  She smoked Salems like a train, even when she was dying from emphysema. She also seemed to have a bit of a wild streak. In this photo she is posing with her brother Franklin. I love the bathing suits. Something tells me they were not comfortable at all when wet.


I also want to say thank you to all of my friends and family that have visited this blog and thank you to Geneabloggers for picking up my blog. I'm excited to be able to meet new people and learn more about genealogy. 

4 comments:

  1. I love old photos too. Welcome to Geneabloggers! I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by guys! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, enjoying your writing. How bout adding a "friends/followers" button? Make it easy for your new friends and followers to get notifications of every new and fun post? I'm following via Google Reader so I won't miss! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Carol. You are so right. I didn't think about it, but I'm glad you mentioned it.Thank you! So glad there are people smarter than me paying attention to this stuff! :)

      Delete